Special Benefits Of Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojna
What is Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojna different from the previous Financial Inclusion Plan (Swabhiman)?
PMJDY concentrates on coverage of all adults in contrast to the previous plan that focused on village coverage. It is focused on covering both urban and rural regions. PMJDY is a comprehensive coverage plan that covers the entire country by providing banking services to all adults, as opposed to the initial goal of covering every household according to the information available through the Official State Bank of Indian site.
Who can open a PMJDY account?
Anyone can create any PMJDY account through the branch channel, and there is no age limit. If you are looking to pen at the BC (Business Correspondents) channel the limit for age is 10 years old and over.
Can you open a joint account in Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana?
A joint account is open through branches only. It can be opened at any branch of a bank as well as a CSP (Customer Service Point) outlet.
What is the minimum balance of your account?
The minimum balance on the account in the Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojna amounts to NIL.
What are the specific benefits that are associated with PMJDY?
There are a variety of advantages, both special and direct, available in PMJDY. These benefits are described below as:
1. You can take advantage of interest on your deposit.
2. It is possible to seek accidental insurance protection in the amount of Rs.1.00 lakh (Rs 2.00 lac ) for the new PMJDY accounts created following 28.08.2018)
3. It is not a minimum amount of money to pay.
4. It facilitates the transfer of funds across India. Government scheme beneficiaries will receive direct benefit transfers through these accounts.
5. After the account has been in good working order for an account for six months An overdraft facility can be allowed subject to the eligibility requirements.
6. You can take advantage of insurance and pension products.
How much interest savings could make in your PMJDY bank account?
The rate of interest applicable to Saving Bank Accounts shall be acceptable to accounts established under the PMJDY Scheme.
What is the amount of interest paid by the bank for the overdraft facility of PMJDY?
The figure will rise to 3 percent higher than the one-year MCLR.
Can cheque books be issued for accounts with accounts under PMJDY?
There isn’t an account with a checkbook which are open under PMJDY